Awesome Mardi Himal
13 May 2019 whd
If you are planning to trek to Mardi Himal Base Camp then Day Tours Nepal is helping with some helpful tips and information about the trek. Now Mardi Himal is one of the popular trek routes from in Nepal and especially from Pokhara. We revised our original information about Mardi Himal Trek which we had written in 2018. Within this year we have found so many changes and also the infrastructure is improved on this trail. Nowadays everywhere in social media, we can see the pic from Mardi Himal and this trek is Nepalese people Favorite trek route in Nepal. During the Dashain and Tihar festival (October – November) holidays Nepalese people choose this destination and it’s overcrowded.
Where is Mardi Himal?
- Mardi Himal is situated just east of Annapurna Base Camp and it’s in Annapurna region.
How high is Mardi Himal base camp?
- Mardi base camp is at (4,500 M) and Mardi Himal high camp is at 3580.
How difficult is Mardi Himal trekking route?
- The Mardi Himal trek route is moderate and it’s not difficult like other classic trekking routes. But Mostly have to walk through the forest up to Badal danda and after BadalDanada has to walk over the hills. But the tough and narrow part is nearby the High camp. The trail is really narrow and steep but there are 2 routes to get Mardi base camp and viewpoint. One is steeply up and very risky to walk in darkness but another way is longer which is pretty much better than other.
Mardi Himal trek blogs are not updated?
There are many blogs which are not updated about the trails and hotels because nowadays there are other hotels in High Camp, Forest Camp, Low Camp, and Badal Danda. Before there was only 1 hotel and hard to find rooms. Instead of staying in Forest camp it’s better to stay in Rest camp just about 30 minutes walk from Forest Camp. At Rest camp there is only one hotel so it’s better to book in advance, from here we can see Impressive view of Mt. Fishtail, Sunrise, and Pokhara valley.
Mardi Himal Trek route itinerary is mainly focused as a short trek but the travel companies and guides didn’t figure out the best views on this trial. Instead of staying in Low Camp BadalDanda is one of the best viewpoints on this trail. From BadalDanda we can see the sunrise, sunset, Fishtail, Annapurna Heuchuli, and the landscapes is just amazing.
Is it possible to complete the Mardi Himal trek on 5 days?
- Yes, you can complete the trek within 5 days and even in 4 days from Pokhara. Some people hike up to Mardi Himal High Camp in 1 day but it depends on you. Personally, we had complete Mardi Himal trek within 3 days from Pokhara to Pokhara but need a lot of effort.
Are there hotels on Mardi Himal high camp?
- Yes, there are 3 -4 hotels but most hotels are full of Nepalese hikers too so it’s better to book in advance. They have a good heating system on dinning so if you don’t get a room, owners and guide will manage to sleep in the dining hall. Sometimes even need to sleep in the Tents.
Now before reaching High Camp and after Badal Danda, there are new lodges which are nicer and also the view is best from here. It will be hard to walk to the Mardi Viewpoint on the same day but a nice spot in cases to stay. There were not small tea shops on the way from Deurali to Forest camp but there are 1-2 tea shops where we can take tea and some snacks.