Kanchenjunga Circuit Trek is one of remote mountain trail ideal for trekkers who enjoy the solitude. Located in the far north-eastern corner of Nepal, Mt. Kanchenjunga is considered to be one of the most beautiful mountain massifs in the world. The name Kanchenjunga came from a Tibetan word which refers to "Five Treasures of the Great Snow" which is in reference to the five summits that make up Kanchenjunga. The 25-day circuit trek begins after we fly to Suketar from Kathmandu. Among the three treks i.e Everest Base Camp Trek, Annapurna Base Camp Trek, and Kanchenjunga Circuit Trek, this trek is of the less popular or in other words it is not crowded and still remote.
Day 01: Fly from Kathmandu to Bhadrapur (2,420m/7938ft), Drive to Taplejung; 45 min flight & 9 hours drive
Day 02: Taplejung to Lalikharka (2265m/7,431ft): 4 – 5 hours trek
Day 03: Lalikharka to Khesewa (2120m/6,955ft): 5 - 6 hours trek
Day 04: Khesewa to Mamankhe (1785m/5,856ft): 5 - 6 hours trek
Day 05: Mamankhe to Yamphudin (2080m/6824ft): 4 -5 hours
Day 06: Yamphudin to Tortong (2,995m/9,826ft): 7 -8 hours
Day 07: Tortong to Cheram (3,870m/12,696ft): 2 -3 hours
Day 08: Cheram: Acclimatization and Rest
Day 09: Cheram to Ramchaur (Ramche) (4,580m/15,026ft): 3 – 4 hours
Day 10: Ramchaur (Ramche) to Yalung Base Camp (4500m), back to Cheram: 3 – 4 hours
Day 11: Cheram to Sele La (4290m/ 14,074ft) : 6 -7 hours
Day 12: Sele La to Ghunsa (3,595/11,794) : 2 -3 hours
Day 13: Ghunsa to Kambachen (4,050m/13,287ft) : 5 -6 hours
Day 14: Kambachen to Lhonak (4,780m/15,682ft) : 5 -6 hours
Day 15: Kanchenjunga base camp, overnight at Pangpema (5,143/16,873ft): 6 -7 hours
Day 16: Pangpema to Lhonak : 3 – 4 hours
Day 17: Lhonak to Ghunsa (3475m/11,400ft) :6 -7 hours
Day 18: Ghunsa to Amjilosa (2,308m/7,572ft) : 5 -6 hours
Day 19: Amjilosa to Chirwa (1,270m/4,166ft) : 6 -7 hours
Day 20: Chirwa to Taplejung via Mitlung (921m/3020 m): 7 -8 hours trek
Day 21: Taplejung to Bhadrapur: 9 hours drive
Day 22: Fly to Kathmandu
- All Transport
- Trekker’s Information Management System(TIMS) card
- All governmental procedure fees, permits and local taxes.
- All meals and accommodation throughout the trek.
- An experienced English speaking trekking guide and porter possessing valid license issued by the government of Nepal.
- Highly experienced trekking staffs.
- Travel and rescue arrangements.
What's not included?
- Visa fees/ international airfare to and from Kathmandu
- Travel / medical insurance and emergency evacuation cost.
- Hot and cold shower, battery recharge during Everest base camp trek.
- Personal expenses phone calls, bar bills, extra porters, beverages etc.
- Personal Everest base camp trekking equipments/gears.
- Tips for guides, porters and drivers.
- All others expenses not mentioned in “Trip Cost Includes” section.