Mt. Chulu East (6,584m) is situated above the Manang valley with breathtaking views across to the Annapurna II, III and IV, Gangapurna, Glacier Dome, Dhaulagiri, Tilicho Peak, and Manaslu. If Chulu Far East is the Island Peak of the Annapurnas, then Chulu West is the Mera Peak of the Annapurnas being that its a little more remote and has no real technical difficulty in reaching the summit. The caravan route to Mt. Chulu East takes you through the classic trek around the Annapurna massif, ascending the Marshyangdi valley and crossing the Thorong La, before descending the Kali Gandaki valley to Pokhara. It begins with a drive from Kathmandu to Beshisahar (790m/2,591ft) then a trek to Kart (1800m/5905ft), Tinman (2350m/7,709ft), Chame (2700m/8,858ft), Pisang (3200m/10,498ft), Manang (3400m/11,154ft) Ledar (4230m/13,877ft), Chulu West Peak Base Camp (4000m/13,123ft) Above base camp some steep loose rock requires some fixing of ropes but otherwise the route is mostly a snow climb.
Day 01: Drive Kathmandu to Syange/Jagat [1100m/3608 ft]: 8 - 10 hrs
Day 02: Trek Syange/Jagat to Dharapani [1,960m/6,430ft]: 7 - 8 hrs
Day 03: Dharapani-Chame [2,710m/8,891ft]: 6 - 7 hrs
Day 04: Chame- Pisang [3,300m/10824ft]: 5 - 6 hrs
Day 05: Upper Pisang-Manang [3,500m/11,482ft]: 6 - 7 hrs
Day 06: Manang: Rest
Day 07: Manang to Leder [4200m/13,776ft]: 4 - 5 hrs
Day 08: Leder to Chulu West Base Camp [4900m/16,072ft]: 4 - 5 hr
Day 09: Chulu East base camp to camp I [5100m/16,728ft]: 4 - 5 hrs
Day 10: Rest & Acclimatization at Camp I
Day 11: Camp I to Camp II [5,530m/18,143ft]: 4 - 5 hrs
Day 12: Summit Chulu East [6419m/21,055ft] and back to Camp I: 9 - 10 hrs
Day 13: Camp I to Leder: 5 - 6 hrs
Day 14: Contingency Day
Day 15: Leder to Thorong Phedi [4450m/14,596ft]: 3 - 4 hrs
Day 16: Thorong Phedi - Thorong Pass [5416m/17,765ft] - Muktinath [3,800/12,467ft]-Jomsom [2,715m/8,910ft]: 7 - 8 hrs trek and 2 hrs drive
Day 17: Jomsom to Pokhara by bus
Day 18: Drive back to Kathmandu: 6 - 7 hrs
- All domestic flights.
- Trekker’s Information Management System(TIMS) card
- All governmental procedure fees, permits and local taxes.
- Full day guided sightseeing tour in Kathmandu.
- All meals and accommodation throughout the trek.
- An experienced English speaking trekking guide possessing valid license issued by the government of Nepal.
- Highly experienced trekking staffs.
- Travel and rescue arrangements.
- Farewell dinner at a typical Nepalese restaurant.
What's not included?
- Visa fees/ international airfare to and from Kathmandu
- Travel / medical insurance and emergency evacuation cost.
- Hot and cold shower, battery recharge during Everest base camp trek.
- Personal expenses phone calls, bar bills, extra porters, beverages etc.
- Personal Everest base camp trekking equipments/gears.
- Tips for guides, porters and drivers.
- All others expenses not mentioned in “Trip Cost Includes” section.