Travel insurance is one of the most important things you’ll need for your trip and you can’t have a trip without travel insurance. The hardest part of buying travel insurance is knowing which type of plan to choose. You’ve heard about travel insurance, and that it might be a good idea for your trip. You’ve started with some online research. You’ve visited a few websites looking for information. But you’re still asking, “So, which type of plan do I need?” You don’t want to buy the wrong plan. You want to make sure you have the coverage you expect so there are no surprises. Once you grasp the main difference between these policies, it makes researching and buying a plan easy.
Why do you need to buy Travel Insurance?
- Your flight has been canceled.
- Your bags are lost and your medication is in it. You need to have an emergency prescription filled.
- Your passport and wallet are stolen, and you need emergency cash and a replacement passport.
- You’re involved in an accident and adequate medical treatment is not available. You need medical evacuation.
- You need to cancel your trip due to illness.
- Your cruise line, airline or tour operator goes bankrupt. You need your non-refundable expenses covered and to get to your destination.
- You have a medical emergency in a foreign country.
- A terrorist incident occurs in the city where you’re planning to visit and you want to cancel your trip.9. A natural disaster forces you to evacuate your resort, hotel or trip.